Height: 31in
Head Circumference: 47cm
| From December 2010 |
Elliott could NOT sit still at this appointment! He walked all around the room (holding on to the furniture) and when he had to sit on the table, he wanted to do anything BUT sit! He tried standing, and then found that the paper beneath him made crinkle noises, so of course he wanted to destroy it. I was so proud of him when Dr. Davis checked his ears, mouth, nose, eyes, and breathing -- he was super still! I couldn't have asked him to behave any better!
He got three shots at this visit. He was very still for the nurse, but as soon as she got the first needle in his right leg, his eyes welled up with tears and his jaw dropped open, his face turned bright red and as soon as he could catch his breath he let out the saddest little (loud) cry I've ever heard. (ok, probably not ever...) The nurse gave him two shots in his left leg and then I got to pick him up from the table. He only cried for about 90 seconds, and the nurse joked that she went from being his best friend to his worst enemy. Good thing he probably won't remember even getting shots next time he goes in for an appointment (15 month well visit).
No comments:
Post a Comment